Indications for use:
- monotherapy or as an additional agent for the treatment of partial seizures with secondary generalization or without it in adults and children from the age of 12;
- Neuropathic pain in adults (18 years and older).
- hypersensitivity to any of the components of the drug,
- age up to 12 years with partial seizures.
With caution: kidney failure.
Application for violations of kidney function
Use with caution in renal failure.
In patients with impaired renal function and patients receiving hemodialysis treatment, dose adjustment is recommended.
Use in children
Contraindicated at the age of 12 years with partial seizures. To treat neuropathic pain, do not prescribe children and adolescents younger than 18 years old.
Application in pregnancy and lactation
There are no data on the use of the drug in pregnant women, so gabapentin should be used during pregnancy only if the intended benefit to the mother justifies the possible risk to the fetus.
Gabapentin is excreted in breast milk, its influence on the infant is unknown, so during treatment should abandon breastfeeding.
In the treatment of neuropathic pain
- Organism as a whole: accidental injuries, asthenia, back pain, flu-like syndrome, headache, infection, pain of different localization, peripheral edema, weight gain;
- Digestive tract: constipation, diarrhea, dry mouth, indigestion, flatulence, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain;
- Nervous system: gait disturbance, amnesia, ataxia, confusion, dizziness, hypoesthesia, drowsiness, disturbance of thinking, tremor;
- Respiratory system: dyspnea, pharyngitis;
- Skin and subcutaneous tissue: skin rash;
- Sense organs: amblyopia.
When treating partial seizures
- Organism as a whole: back pain, fatigue, fever, headache, viral infection, peripheral edema, weight gain, asthenia, - general malaise, swelling of the face;
- Cardiovascular system: symptoms of vasodilation or hypertension;
- Digestive tract: constipation, dental diseases, diarrhea, dyspepsia, increased appetite, dry mouth or throat, nausea and / or vomiting, abdominal pain, flatulence, anorexia, gingivitis;
- System of blood, lymphatic system: leukopenia, purpura (most often it was described as bruising that occurred with physical trauma);
- Kostno-mische system: fractures, myalgia, arthralgia;
- Nervous system: amnesia, ataxia, confusion, coordination disorder, depression, dysarthria, emotional lability, insomnia, nervousness, nystagmus, drowsiness, disturbance of thinking, tremor, muscle twitching, dizziness, hyperkinesia; strengthening, weakening or lack of reflexes, paresthesia, anxiety, hostility;
- Respiratory system: cough, pharyngitis, rhinitis, pneumonia;
- Skin and subcutaneous tissues: abrasions, a window, skin itching, skin rash;
- Sense organs: amblyopia, diplopia, impaired vision;
- Genitourinary system: urinary tract infection, impotence.